Feb 15, 2010

Why skating requires coordination

So, tonight our ward went ice-skating for FHE. We actually rented out the whole rink for an hour so that we could have it just for our ward. It was a lot of fun. And I actually felt pretty good about myself because I wasn't clinging onto the wall like half the girls in the ward who were trying to keep from falling on their faces. I was enjoying getting some exercise, even going a little faster than I'm used to. Well, I guess I got a little too cocky, though, so the Lord saw fit to humble me. I started racing this guy around the circle, and suddenly my toe pick caught on the ice (stupid toe pick! I don't know who decided they would be a good idea!) and I went flying over my feet. That's right, I biffed it. Hard too. Surprisingly I wasn't very embarrassed. I just started laughing, and brushed myself off. I didn't feel like I hurt myself too bad. My jeans ripped in the knee, which made me upset, but I felt like I'd live. But about half an hour later, my knee began to throb. Now I'm sitting here on my bed wondering if I will be able to climb out of bed tomorrow, let alone climb up and down all the ridiculous amounts of stairs on campus. My knee is totally swollen. We have no ice, but luckily, I found a bag of frozen brussel sprouts in the freezer. No one will eat brussel sprouts, I'm sure. So they're sitting on my knee right now.
What an exciting life I lead...

1 comment:

Hailey Jones said...

love my life.
love brussels.
love your sweet knee.
you would be showing off on the ice.